terça-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2015

Imitation of Life with The Spiracles - An Interview


Não é de hoje que o Peru nos brinda com excelentes bandas, vide aí Orquídea, Resplandor e outros, mas a profusão de melodias melancólicas, grudentas e sonhadoras que o The Spiracles faz é algo sublime.

Resumidamente a banda mescla R.E.M., Slowdive e Smiths brilhantemente. A interpretação da carismática vocalista Verónica somado ao brilhante trabalho melódico de Franco Bahamonde, Luis Enrique Medina, Luis Rodríguez e Nicolás Ojeda originou o deliciosamente pegajoso Last Night I Dreamt About You álbum deles lançado no finalzinho do ano passado.

Só digo o seguinte, se você não ouviu, ouça, seu dia certamente vai melhorar e muito.

***** Interview with The Spiracles *****


Q. When did The Spiracles start, tell us about the history...
1.- I started on 2011.The idea was to do a studio project only but after almost a year an a half of not doing live shows I started to look for musicians, some have passed, including vocalist, but now, I have the band I want. After I left resplandor, I decided to record Fireflies, I asked Aracelli to do vocals and sent the track as many record labels I could to release it as single then, Wyatt from Saint Marie Records requested to release an EP then I worked on 2 more songs, Mercy and End Of The Affair, I added 2 remixes, one from Brian of Elika and the other from Canu of Altocamet.

Q: Who are your influences?
2.- My influences vary from what I want to do, but mostly REM, The Smiths, Cocteau Twins, Echobelly, Slowdive, The Field Mice and a big etc.

Q. Make a list of 5 albums of all time…
3.- R.E.M. "Life Rich Pageant"
The Smiths "Meat Is Murder”
Slowdive "Just For A Day”
The Field Mice "For Keeps”
Jesus and Mary Chain “Darklands"

Q. How do you feel playing live?
4.- Love playing live, it is excited, the adrenaline on stage just makes feel powerful, I enjoy every song when we do shows.

Q. How do you describe The Spiracles´ sounds?
5.- Indie pop love songs with a pinch of dream and loudness.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs?
6.- The EP I worked along with Rocco, I met him from the session of Ambar, whom co produced and recorded at his studio. It took some months to finish it because we started from the scratch to work the songs, except Mercy which I had the demo since 1999, it was quite an educational sessions. I grabbed all that experience and demo many songs, even some I wrote back in 1998 with my first project, I home recorded most of the tracks except drums. I contacted Anna Bouchard from Drowner to sing a song, she came up with a lyric and melodies and ended on a beautiful song. I mostly write all songs acoustically then I track down all on Logic and work afterwards.

Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
7.- There’s a lot of bands coming out theses days, including mine, but here they are
Alvvays
Beach Day
Lightning In A Twilight Hour
Linda Guilala (not new but I just found out)
Yuck
Atlas Genius


Q: Which bands would you love to make a cover version of?
8.- David Bowie Space Oddity
Slowdive When The Sun Hits
REM Gardening At Night

Q: What´s the plan for the future....
9.- Keep promoting our new album Last Night I Dreamt About You, some gigs scheduled for Jan/Feb then we’ll take some days off from stage due to Veronica pregnancy but we will keep busy writing some new songs, then return in June for a tour in Chile with our friends of Intimate Stranger and possible Argentina as well, and who knows Brazil too, we are willing to go everywhere.

Q: Any parting words?
10.- Thank you everyone who has support us so far, remind you our new album is out and available digitally everywhere.
*
*
*
Thanks

www.thespiracles.com