segunda-feira, 23 de março de 2015

Guiding Star with The Valley Suns - An Interview


Scott Kennedy é The Valley Suns, diretamente da cidade natal do grunge, Seattle, o cara perpetua um shoegazer sonhador e melodioso, algo como se o Ride encontrasse com o Teenage Fanclub para uma jam.

Medicated Love é o single de estreia e é simplesmente viciante.

Se faz necessário mais material urgentemente.

***** Interview with The Valley Suns *****


Q. When did The Valley Suns started, tell us about the history…
Well, the band is relatively new…within the last few months, but I’ve had the idea for this project swirling around in my brain for some time. At the moment, it’s just me doing the writing and recording, but I wanna find some solid musicians to join me. My friend Leah Rosen from the band Jigsaw Puzzle Glue has been helping out with backing vocals.

Q: Who are your influences?
Velvet Underground, Spaceman 3, the Association, the Beatles, the Kinks, the Action, the Byrds, Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Chapterhouse, the Church, the Stone Roses, Teenage Fanclub, Big Star, the Carpenters, F. Scott Fitzgerald, existential crisis, all things shoegaze and post-punk, 60’s pop and psychedelia...

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
This sorta list is always ever changing for me. I’ll give ya few that have had an influence on me throughout the years:

the Stone Roses - the Stone Roses
Big Star - Number 1 Record
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
The Church - Starfish
Elliott Smith - either/or
Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
the Byrds - Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Teenage Fanclub - Bandwagonesque
R.E.M. - Chronic Town

Q. How do you feel playing live?
I really enjoy playing live, but it’s hard to accurately describe what I’m feeling during performances. I have a tendency to get lost in the music and sounds. I sorta forget my surroundings. It’s a good 45 minute break from reality and my mind playing tricks on me.

Q. How do you describe The Valley Suns sounds?
I’ve heard people say that the Valley Suns sound like the Raveonettes and the Radio Dept. I recently heard one chap compare us to the Velvet Underground…which I never would have considered. I found that quite flattering. I like the idea of just creating music and putting it out there and then letting the listener decide how it sounds to them or makes them feel. Perhaps it’s a kalediscopic vision of interpretation.


Q. Which new bands do you recommended?
Some of these are newish and some have been around for quite awhile, but lately I’ve been enjoying: Telegram, the Limiñanas, Dead Mellotron, Jigsaw Puzzle Glue, the Pretty Things, Daydream Machine, LA Witch

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
Never My Love by the Association or Yesterday Once More by the Carpenters

Q: What´s the plans for future….
For now, I’m planning to record and release as much music as possible and start performing live.

Q: Any parting words?
In honor of Mr. Spock…“Live long and prosper."
Cheers!
https://soundcloud.com/thevalleysuns
http://thevalleysuns.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/thevalleysuns
*
*
*
Thanks