segunda-feira, 30 de outubro de 2017

Just To Be Away with Walking Misery - An Interview


Um crossover entre a recente avalanche de bandas que pegam o shoegaze e o fundem com o post hardcore com fortes elementos de art punk, mais ou menos assim pode ser descrito "Just To Be Away", novo trabalho do quarteto, Walking Misery.

Algo como se John Lydon, circa PIL resolvesse se juntar aos caras do Nothing e mandarem uma jam estridentemente barulhenta e freak. Uma chinelada bem no meio dos tímpanos, sem a menor chance de não haver sequelas.

A música do Walking Misery tem que obrigatoriamente ser escutada no volume máximo.

***** Interview with Walking Misery *****

Q. When did Walking Misery start? Tell us about the history...
started in the spring of 2015 in an attempt to make shoegaze my own way. Luckily my homies Cam, Christian, and Brian were down to help make my dream come alive. two singles and a demo later, we finally have an LP to showcase our take on the genre.

Q: Who are your influences?
As far as shoegaze, MBV and the Jesus Mary are the Bible. any time I write a song, I'm trying to make something as good as the You Made Me Realise ep. I love David Bowie and the Clash as well. I love the Stooges.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
1. Low- David Bowie
2. London Calling- The Clash
3. You made me realise - MBV
4. You're living all over me- Dino jr.
5. Funhouse- Iggy and the stooges

Q. How do you feel playing live?
I love playing live, it's a total and complete release from the cold realities of the world.

Q. How do you describe Walking Misery sounds?
One of our good friends in Aquatic(a) described us as sounding like Nothing with Protomartyr vocals. so loud ass post punk.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
For the new record I tried to do everything as live as possible with our longtime friend Phil Odom, over at Bad Wolf Studios in Austin, TX. I already had the whole LP written, all we had to do was record it and make it sound huge, and that is exactly what we did. Brian, our drummer ended up being stoned off edibles, which to my surprise made him drum even harder. the drums really make the album. it took about three sessions spanning from January to about may, but it ended up all coming together.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
I been jammin a lot of oldies, but Big Bite seems to do the trick. Still waiting for new bedroom eyes. The band Weed fucks.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
Oh boy i know I want to cover spanish bombs or train in vain by the clash. I'd love to one day cover a Bowie joint. It'd be badass to cover his version of Stay off of station to station lol.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
keep making music. maybe move to a poppin ass city. I plan on finally smokin a backwood one of these days as well.

Q: Any parting words?
We have our first LP "Just To Be Away" coming out this Friday the 13th. 10/13/2017 baby !!
*
*
*
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/walkingmisery/
https://walkingmisery.bandcamp.com